Appearance: Clean and bright. Appealing soft cherry pink with bright violet hues. Medium-evolving fine persistent bubbles with abundant beads and dense crown. Aroma: Fresh and bright. Wild fruit, particularly strawberry, against a mint background. Flavour: Pleasant first taste. Rich and dense with well-combined bubbles. Fresh and fleshy but also complex and light with a strong flavour of wild berries, particularly strawberry. Finish: Fresh and pleasant. Well-balanced, good structure and well-integrated bubbles. Pleasant medium intensity aftertaste with harmonized aroma and flavour. Food pairing: Ideal as an aperitif. Goes well with seafood, fish in sauce, rice and vermicelli, cold cuts and white meat and desserts made of delicate crème brûlée and fruit.
Agustí Torelló Mata - Trepat Rosé. Trepat: 100%. DO Penedes
- Year 2010/2011
- D.O Penedès
- Brut. 100% Trepat
- Wild fruit, particularly strawberry, against a mint background.
- Pleasant irst taste. Rich and dense with well-combined bubbles. Fresh and leshy but also complex and light with a strong lavour of wild berries, particularly strawberry.
- Minimum ageing 18 months
- Ideal as appetizer. It combines perfectly with seafood, ish in sauce, rice, vermicelli, cold meats and poultry and milk creamy and fruit desserts.
- WA: 92 points
- Alcohol content: 11,5% vol.
- Total acidity (tartaric): 5,5 g/l.
- Sugar: 6,0 g/l.
- Dry extract: 21,1 g/l.
Trepat is an indigenous variety recovered by Agustí Torelló Mata. This is a variety deeply connected to the territory, to the Penedès Region. It is grown at 600 m high mountains and it is present in a very few areas of Penedès. As the Trepat variety is grown at 600 metres high mountains its aromas of strawberry and other red fruits increase. This is a Brut cava with 6 g/l of dosage that increases the fruitiness. This cava is perfect to drink with appetizer or having a drink. It is a very fresh and kind cava. Trepat comes from vineyards where soils are mainly composed by silicic sandstone and shales. Minimum ageing 18 months giving to the cava complexity but keeping the fresh fruit.